- 2017- | Postdoctoral Researcher, CoAStaL NLP group, Department of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2013-2017 | PhD, Computational Semantics, CLCG, University of Groningen, The Netherlands Thesis: One Model to Rule them all -- Multitask and Multilingual Modelling for Lexical Analysis
- 2012-2013 | M.A. Computational Linguistics Department of Linguistics, Stockholm University, Sweden
- 2009-2012 | B.A. Computational Linguistics Department of Linguistics, Stockholm University, Sweden
I'm a postdoctoral researcher at the CoAStaL NLP group at the Department of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen, working with Isabelle Augenstein on computational typology, and multilingual / few-shot learning.
Before this I was a PhD student in Computational Semantics at the University of Groningen working within the Parallel Meaning Bank project supervised by Johan Bos, and co-supervised by Barbara Plank.
I visited the Department of Linguistics at Stockholm University during most of the final year of my PhD.
My interests lie mainly in using deep learning to answer typological research questions, in addition to multitask and multilingual approaches to Natural Language Processing.
- Jun. 13 - Jun. 21 -- Lab Monitor at Lisbon Machine Learning School (LxMLS 2018), Lisbon, Portugal.
- Presented work on computational typology at NAACL 2018, New Orleans, LA. [Pre-print]
- I spent a week as a visiting researcher at the Department of Linguistics, Stockholm University, Sweden.
- Long paper accepted to NAACL 2018! [Pre-print]
- I was at the NLPL Winter School in Norway, co-organised by LxMLS organisers.
- I spent two weeks as a visiting researcher at Jörg Tiedemann's NLP group (University of Helsinki, Finland)
- Presented a paper at IWCLUL-2018 -- Helsinki, Finland [Slides]
- I succesfully defended my PhD thesis at the University of Groningen!
- I was awarded a Titan Xp GPU as part of the NVIDIA GPU Grant Program!
- I am serving as Publicity Chair for *SEM 2018!
- I reviewed for the Learning with Limited Data (LLD) Workshop at NIPS
- My PhD thesis is now unanimously approved by both of my supervisors, and the members of the independent thesis committee!
- I attended the Google NLP Summit in Zürich, Switzerland
- Presented a poster at the BEA workshop in Copenhagen
- Attended EMNLP 2017 in Copenhagen
- Started my postdoc at CoAStaL NLP
- Submitted my PhD thesis!
- I'm joining the CoAStaL NLP group, post-docing for Isabelle Augenstein!
- Visited the CoAStaL NLP group in Copenhagen
- Presented joint work with Robert Östling at CoNLL-SIGMORPHON 2017 in Vancouver, Canada [Article]
- Reviewing for IJCNLP 2017
- Attended ACL 2017 in Vancouver, Canada
- Attended DeepLearn2017 in Bilbao, Spain
- Won best short paper at NoDaLiDa 2017! [Article]
- Presented two short papers at NoDaLiDa 2017 in Gothenburg, Sweden
- Reviewed for CoNLL 2017 (EMNLP overlap)
- Reviewed for EMNLP 2017
- Reviewed shared task papers for SemEval-2017 Task 1
- Reviewed for ACL 2017
- Reviewed for NoDaLiDa 2017
- Reviewed shared task papers for VarDial 2017
- Presented my work on Semantic Tagging at COLING 2016 in Osaka, Japan [Main Conference Article]
- Presented two workshop papers, at CL4LC [Article], and at VarDial [VarDial DSL Shared Task Article], in Osaka, Japan.
- Held a 'higher seminar', introducing machine learning and deep learning, and my (planned) thesis, at Stockholm University [Slides]
- Held an informal workshop on Deep Learning for NLP using Keras, at Stockholm University
- Presented my work on Semantic Tagging at SLTC 2016, in Umeå [Extended Abstract]
- Reviewed for EACL 2017
- Reviewed for VarDial 2016 (DSL shared task)
- Reviewed for COLING 2016