Scholarships, awards, and grants
- EUR 647 Lab Monitor Grant -
LxMLS – Lisbon Machine Learning School (2018).
- AdeptMind scholarship (USD 20,000) to work on multilingual modelling (2018).
- Titan Xp GPU -- Nvidia GPU Grant programme (2017).
- Accepted and all expenses paid – Google NLP Summit, Zürich, Switzerland (2017).
Best short paper award – Nordic Conference on Computational Linguistics (2017).
EUR 300 best system award – PAN International Competition on Author Profiling (2016).
Accepted to LxMLS – Lisbon Machine Learning School, 40% acceptance rate (2015).
- Best system (shared w/two teams) – SemEval Semantic Textual Similarity (2014).
USD 445 travel grant to Hong Kong – Acoustical Society of America Scholarship (2012).
EUR 300 travel grant to Hong Kong – Int’l. Phonetic Assoc., Gösta Bruce Fund (2011).
- AIs are being tested to see how well they understand our thoughts, interviewed for New Scientist Magazine (31-08-2018)
- University of Groningen to start Master’s degree programme in Digital Humanities, University of Groningen Unifocus film (17-02-2016)
- De oudheid. . . digitaal! (Ancient history. . . digitally!) University newspaper article about a recent publication (06-10-2015) (in Dutch)