- 2017- | Postdoctoral Researcher, Machine Learning section, Department of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2013-2017 | PhD, Computational Semantics, CLCG, University of Groningen, The Netherlands Thesis: One Model to Rule them all -- Multitask and Multilingual Modelling for Lexical Analysis
- 2012-2013 | M.A. Computational Linguistics Department of Linguistics, Stockholm University, Sweden
- 2009-2012 | B.A. Computational Linguistics Department of Linguistics, Stockholm University, Sweden
I'm a postdoctoral researcher in CopeNLU, one of the NLP groups at the Machine Learning section at the Department of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen, working with Isabelle Augenstein on multilingual low-resource learning and computational typology.
Before this I was a PhD student in Computational Semantics at the University of Groningen working within the Parallel Meaning Bank project supervised by Johan Bos, and co-supervised by Barbara Plank.
I visited the Department of Linguistics at Stockholm University during most of the final year of my PhD.
My interests lie mainly in low-resource learning, for instance by using deep learning techniques to answer typological research questions, in addition to multitask and multilingual approaches to Natural Language Processing.
- Our paper entitled "A Probabilistic Generative Model of Linguistic Typology" has been accepted to NAACL 2019!
- Our paper on Language Representations has been accepted to the journal Computational Linguistics (June 2019 issue)!
- I will be on a panel discussing AI in the context of the movie Her, both in February and March 2019.
- I was asked to comment on AI Theory of Mind for a New Scientist article.
- I was an external reviewer for the European Research Council (ERC - Advanced Grant - €2.5 million)
- Short paper with Miryam de Lhoneux accepted to EMNLP 2018!
- I was a lab monitor at Lisbon Machine Learning School (LxMLS 2018), Lisbon, Portugal.
- Presented work on computational typology at NAACL 2018, New Orleans, LA. [Article]
- I spent a week as a visiting researcher at the Department of Linguistics, Stockholm University, Sweden.
- Long paper accepted to NAACL 2018! [Article]
- I was at the NLPL Winter School in Norway, co-organised by LxMLS organisers.
- I spent two weeks as a visiting researcher at Jörg Tiedemann's NLP group (University of Helsinki, Finland)
- Presented a paper at IWCLUL-2018 -- Helsinki, Finland [Slides]
- I succesfully defended my PhD thesis at the University of Groningen!
- I was awarded a Titan Xp GPU as part of the NVIDIA GPU Grant Program!
- I am serving as Publicity Chair for *SEM 2018!
- I reviewed for the Learning with Limited Data (LLD) Workshop at NIPS
- My PhD thesis is now unanimously approved by both of my supervisors, and the members of the independent thesis committee!
- I attended the Google NLP Summit in Zürich, Switzerland
- Presented a poster at the BEA workshop in Copenhagen
- Attended EMNLP 2017 in Copenhagen
- Started my postdoc at CoAStaL NLP
- Submitted my PhD thesis!
- I'm joining the CoAStaL NLP group, post-docing for Isabelle Augenstein!
- Visited the CoAStaL NLP group in Copenhagen
- Presented joint work with Robert Östling at CoNLL-SIGMORPHON 2017 in Vancouver, Canada [Article]
- Reviewing for IJCNLP 2017
- Attended ACL 2017 in Vancouver, Canada
- Attended DeepLearn2017 in Bilbao, Spain
- Won best short paper at NoDaLiDa 2017! [Article]
- Presented two short papers at NoDaLiDa 2017 in Gothenburg, Sweden
- Reviewed for CoNLL 2017 (EMNLP overlap)
- Reviewed for EMNLP 2017
- Reviewed shared task papers for SemEval-2017 Task 1
- Reviewed for ACL 2017
- Reviewed for NoDaLiDa 2017
- Reviewed shared task papers for VarDial 2017
- Presented my work on Semantic Tagging at COLING 2016 in Osaka, Japan [Main Conference Article]
- Presented two workshop papers, at CL4LC [Article], and at VarDial [VarDial DSL Shared Task Article], in Osaka, Japan.
- Held a 'higher seminar', introducing machine learning and deep learning, and my (planned) thesis, at Stockholm University [Slides]
- Held an informal workshop on Deep Learning for NLP using Keras, at Stockholm University
- Presented my work on Semantic Tagging at SLTC 2016, in Umeå [Extended Abstract]
- Reviewed for EACL 2017
- Reviewed for VarDial 2016 (DSL shared task)
- Reviewed for COLING 2016